Sunday, September 1, 2002

Confirmed Albatross Sighting

09/01/02

    We made some good progress last night, as the wind was around 15 knots, up to 20 at times.  This morning it is back around 10, and we are loping along.  I saw the Albatross again yesterday, and Eric was able to look at it and confirm my identification.  It appears to be a young specimen, not fully grown, though it is still significantly larger than the other birds I have seen.


The Albatross

    Although it is definitely colder now at night, when the sun is shining during the day it is still quite comfortable on deck, and I am still able to get by with shorts and a t-shirt.  I am holding onto the shorts as long as possible, though I have a pair of leggings ready to put on as soon as the temperature drops.  Blue jeans are not practical to wear on the boat, as they soak up moisture like a sponge, and there is a surprising amount of dew accumulating everywhere at night. 

    The water maker has once again started leaking and Eric’s first attempt to fix it has failed.  He will try again today.

No comments: