Wednesday, July 31, 2002

Heating Up

07/31/02

    As of 1000, we are still running before a very light, variable wind that has been backing to the north, so we are considering jibing and going on a reach. 

    The heat of the sun is continuing to be intense.  The cockpit thermometer topped 100 degrees yesterday, though the cabin temperature was only 85.  We are considering putting up the bimini today.  With these light winds we don’t get enough breeze to get good ventilation in the cabin, and it can be quite uncomfortable in the cabin and the cockpit.  There is no refuge from the heat. 

    I am settling into my sleep pattern again.  It always takes a few days once we get out, to get used to only sleeping four hours at once.  I also have strange dreams to start, thinking that we are still at the place we left, or somehow have been able to stop by home on the way.

1 comment:

Alida Thorpe said...

Hi Bob!
I found your blog and will start reading from the beginning. I don't know if I'll have the time to read every word but will try to hit the highlights.

Nice seeing you and Sue again,
Alida (Long Island Woman)