Thursday, August 22, 2002

Dreaming of Home

08/22/02

    Last night things were less bouncy and I was able to get some good sleep, the first in a while.  I always have dreams that somehow the boat has stopped back home before continuing the voyage.  I often think about all the things I’m missing back in Long Island, and that I’d rather be doing the trip with Sue instead of these two guys.  I think I would be having a lot more fun.  As of this afternoon, the seas are back up again, and I am struggling just to sit at the table to write in this log.  At this point we have about 2700 miles to go to Cape Town.  I have to learn to be patient.  Maybe I’ll feel better in a week or two, especially if we ever get off this FUCKING PORT TACK!!!

    The last couple of days I have had a bothersome twitching vein in my left temple.  I hope it’s nothing serious, probably just the effects of sleeping on a steep decline for a week and a half.

No comments: